Sponsored Feature: Think forward drive forward...
Published 05/06/2014 | 10:29
Game changing Mitsubishi Outlander Phev is here
The first plug-in hybrid vehicle available for Irish motorists has arrived. Mitsubishi Motors has announced that the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) is now available to order.
This ground breaking new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, which offers remarkable eco efficiency, is the world’s first self-power generating Twin Motor (permanent) 4WD plug-in hybrid SUV.
Sophisticated yet practical, it offers the best of three worlds: the environmental performance of electric vehicle technology; the cruising range of a conventional car and the on and off-road performance of an SUV.
This game changing new motoring option for drivers across Ireland offers clean, highly efficient performance in a robust and spacious SUV body with advanced safety protection.
There are two separate versions available of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. The entry-level Intense+ is available for €41,950 and the top-of-the-range Instyle is available at €47,450.
The retail price includes the €5,000 SEAI grant and Government VRT relief for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles, which is currently in place until 31st December 2014. The price is also inclusive of batteries.
For families and business users, this compares very favourably with the equivalent diesel version in the current Outlander line-up, as that retails at €39,950.
The new PHEV version now presents a real alternative for those seeking to reduce the cost of their motoring without compromising on performance, function or good looks. The car of tomorrow is here today!
MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER HAS SUPER-CHARGED DESIGN
Remarkable eco-efficiency coupled with sophisticated design, the new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is a show stopper. We showcase the strikingly innovative features of this stunning new car, where every detail is optimized.
A high level of equipment and safety features will come as standard on the Outlander PHEV but at the heart of everything is the PHEV OS (Operating System) that incorporates three different drive modes: EV Drive Mode; Series Hybrid Mode or Parallel Hybrid Mode.
• Zero CO2 tailpipe emissions in EV mode.
• 1.9 l/100km fuel combined economy.
• 60kW Electric Motors located on the front and rear axles.
• 2.0L MIVEC DOHC Petrol engine (89kW / 121PS)
• Twin Motor 4WD coupled with Super-All Wheel Control
• Top speed of 170km/h.
• Total combined range of 824km.
• Capacity for 5 adults plus luggage.
• 5-Star Euro NCAP Safety Rating
• 18” Alloy Wheels.
• Front Foglights with Daytime Running Lights (DRL).
• Dual-zone Automatic Air conditioning.
• Navigation System including Rearview Camera for Reversing (Instyle)
• 7 Airbags including Drivers Knee Airbag.
• Leather Wrapped Multi-function Steering Wheel.
• Cruise Control.
• Bluetooth System with Voice Control
• Parking Sensors
• Electric Sunroof (Instyle).
• Regenerative Braking. Activated either when lifting off the accelerator pedal or when braking. Six levels of regeneration available through driver selection increases the level of regeneration.
• Battery Charge Mode: On-the-go battery charge function. Driver activated function provides 80% charge in c.40 mins
• Battery Save Mode: Driver selected function to save existing battery charge level with option to drive in EV mode later.
• Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) to warn pedestrians of approaching vehicle below 35 km/h.
• On-board recharging system with cable (flat-to-full in 4.5-hours).
• On-board rapid charging system (flat-to-80% full in 30 minutes).
Enjoy super-charged design with the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
GREEN LIGHT FOR FUNDING .. HOW IT PAYS TO MAKE THE CHANGE
Go Green Grants, Tax Rebates … the price of the new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV drops when you factor in the electric car vehicle registration tax rebate and it’s also a little known fact that there is also a grant available from the Sustainable Energy Authority.
Ireland is now well prepared for electric cars with fast chargers on major roads and publicly accessible charge points. Did you know that over €9.3 million has been spent to date in Ireland on a brand new infrastructure for electric cars?
The retail price of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, starting at €41,950, includes the €5,000 SEAI grant and Government VRT relief for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (currently in place until 31st December 2014). The price is also inclusive of batteries.
The ultra-low running costs of the Outlander PHEV are a key advantage over traditional petrol and diesel cars, with ownership benefits including:
• €1.20 to charge the electric drive battery at home for a cruising range of 52km.
• 1.9 l/100km combined fuel economy.
• 5-year battery warranty.
• Low service and maintenance costs
• 2nd Lowest road tax bracket – Tax Band A1 for CO2 Emissions of less than 80 g/km.
• ZERO exhaust emissions in EV mode – cleaner for the environment.
• Free home charging point installation for the first 2,000 electric car owners.
ACA – Accelerated Capital Allowance
For small business owners, as well as, more extensive commercial fleets, the benefits of the Outlander PHEV - like reduced fuel, emission and running costs are obvious. However, in addition to this, under the ACA (Accelerated Capital Allowances) scheme, operated by the SEAI, companies can write off 100% of the purchase value of “qualifying energy efficient equipment” including a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle against their profit in the year of purchase.
It pays to make the change.