User generated content: User guidelines
You will be held liable for any contributions including any text, photographs, graphics, video, audio or otherwise, which you submit to Independent.ie, Independent Digital and Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Ltd.
You agree that your submissions
- will not contain any unlawful or objectional content, whether harassing, bullying, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable
- will not contain any libellous or defamatory material, including, but not limited to, suggestions of inappropriate, underhanded, fraudulent or criminal behaviour; dishonesty, misconduct, or corruption; professional incompetence; contagious disease; sexual impropriety; or parental neglect
- will be civil and tasteful, not containing any foul or abusive language or attacks of a personal nature on other contributors or Independent staff
- will not use vulgar or offensive usernames
- will not repeatedly submit the same content or engage in other activities which may be construed as ‘spamming’
- will not impersonate any other persons
- will contain only material which is your own original work, not violating, plagiarising, or infringing the rights of any organisation including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses
By sharing any contribution with Independent.ie, you agree to grant to Independent.ie, Independent Digital and Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Ltd, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons).
Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
In order that your contribution can be used, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any Irish laws, that you have the right to give permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
Comments posted in or containing languages other than Irish or English may be rejected.
There will be a delay before publication of your submission. Please do not re-send your submission.