REVENUE MAY have placed your house in a valuation band for the purposes of levying the property tax.
But it's up to house owners themselves to value their own property.
That's a key message from the chairperson of the Revenue Commissioners, Josephine Feehily, pictured.
She said: "The property owner must decide the market value of his or her property.
"Revenue is not valuing individual properties.
"We don't know your house – what size it is or what condition it's in.
"We are providing guidance to assist property owners in self-assessing the value of their property."
And she pointed out that if a person's property has unique features, is smaller or larger than the average for the area, is in a significantly poor state of repair or has exceptional features, the person should factor those in when self-assessing the value band.
A range of payment options are available, including phased payments.
The options include:
• Single Debit Authority; (debited on 21 July)
• Deduction at source from a salary or occupational pension;
• Deduction at source from certain payments received from the Department of Social Protection or the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
• Direct Debit (debited from 15 July)
• Debit/Credit Card online;
• Cash payments and over the counter Debit/Credit Card payments through three payment service providers, An Post, Payzone or Omnivend