Inquest reveals full horror of Mari's death
Published 04/12/2012 | 11:56
THE PARENTS of a five-year-old girl who died in an arson attack said the inquest into her death last week was harrowing.
In an exclusive interview with The Sligo Champion, mother, Teresa Keane, said: "I knew Mari was burned but I never realised how bad it was until the pathologist read out his report."
Innocent little Mari Keane Connolly died in a house fire in Boyle in the early hours of October 3, 2011.
Teresa said: "After hearing the details I felt like getting sick. It was just unnatural the way she died. "Her body was charred. "There was nothing left of my beautiful little girl." Heartbroken Teresa, a native of Culfadda, said the inquest has not brought closure because she will never get over what happened.