An excellent choice here on our doorstep
Published 21/01/2014 | 05:38
THE Wexford Campus of IT Carlow is the bedrock of third level education in the Model County.
Not so long ago school leavers had little option but to study outside the county for their degrees, but the Wexford Campus is now a realistic choice for both those leaving school later this year and for adults seeking an appropriate degree to further their employment opportunities.
Choosing where you go to college is vital. It is both important and necessary to seek out the most appropriate course and college, one that will provide you both employment prospects and progression routes.
There is little point in doing a degree that will lead nowhere.
Caroline Murphy, head of the Wexford Campus, said Leaving Cert students completing their CAO application can now have confidence in their future when applying to IT Carlow.
In announcing IT Carlow as Institute of Technology of the year, Alastair McCall, editor of the Sunday Times Good University Guide, said: 'IT Carlow represents all that's good and buoyant about the IT Sector'. Mrs Murphy said that a recent employment survey pointed out that more than 90 per cent of the campus's honours degree graduates are in employment, nationally and internationally, this she attributes to the fact that courses at IT Carlow are designed with the help of industry experts and undergo regular reviews to ensure we are teaching the skills and knowledge required by industry.
She went onto to say that IT Carlow has a dedicated website which is designed to help students choose a course that suits them best and advises all students to check out the useful CAO web links at www.itcarlow.ie.
CAO students will find all they need to know about courses in Carlow and Wexford, state-of-the-art facilities, sports and academic scholarships and follow-on opportunities.
According to Mrs Murphy it is critical that students are happy with their choice.
'Our website provides students with the opportunity to research what course they are interested in, what are the entry onto the course requirements, is there a practical element to the course, is there continuous assessment throughout the course, what type of jobs you can apply for when finished college and much more,' she said.
Wexford Campus CAO Courses
* Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Early Childhood Education & Care CW028
* Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Applied Social Studies – Professional Social Care CW068
* Bachelor of Arts Applied Social Studies – Professional Social Care CW017
* Bachelor of Business (Honours) Business CW018
* Bachelor of Business – Business CW037
* Higher Certificate in Business Studies CW006
* Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Visual Communications and Design CW088
* Bachelor of Business in Digital Marketing CW077
* Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Digital Marketing CW048
* Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Art CW038
* Bachelor of Arts - Art CW057
* Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Culture & Heritage Studies CW098
– DAVID TUCKER
New Ross Standard