Religion played a big part in Kathleen's life

The late Kathleen O'Connor 1929-2012

KATHLEEN O'CONNOR (nee Sheehan), Ard na Li, Oakpark, Tralee, died peacefully in the loving care of the staff of Our Lady of Fatima Nursing Home, on Sunday, October. Kathleen was born in July, 1929, in Dooneen, Kilcummin, Killarney.

She met her future husband Barry, a member of An Garda Siochana, at a local dance in the village hall, Farranfore. After their marriage they moved to Abbeydorney, Ballybunion and finally to Tralee, where Barry was promoted to the rank of Sergeant.

The family made their home at Ard na Li, amongst great neighbours and friends.

Barry and Kathleen were proud parents to their three children - Joe, Carmel and Anthony. Sadly and unfortunately for Kathleen she was predeceased her by her children Joe and Carmel and husband Barry. The well being of her children came first and foremost for her and she made sure that they got the best education possible.

Religion was a very big part of her life and attending mass was always included when in town. Her home was always open to friends, neighbours and her children's friends.

Ballybunion held a special place in her heart and she liked nothing better than walking the beach with friends and taking summer holidays there.

The smell of cooking and baking emanated from her kitchen and assailed the nostrils of those who came to share of their time at her table. No one ever got up from the table without first sampling the delights of her cooking skills

Kathleen O'Connor was a great family woman who will be greatly missed by her son Anthony, sister Anne, grandchildren, son-in-law, daughters-inlaw, nieces, nephews, neighbours and friends.

Anthony would like to thank the staff of Our Lady of Fatima Nursing Home for the care and attention given to Kathleen in the past eight years. Also to Dr Aidan Daly, Fr Sean Hanafin, St John's, Fr Francis Nolan and Gerald Hogan, for all the respect shown.

Kathleen's remains reposed at Our Lady of Fatima Home Chapel on Monday evening, October 22, followed by removal to St John's Church. Requiem Mass was celebrated on Tuesday morning at 10am, with burial afterwards in Annagh Cemetery.

Promoted articles