Pets killed in house fire

A NUMBER of animals died on Friday night in a house fire in Ballyferriter, which saw two units from Kerry Fire Service called to the scene.

The fire broke out at aproximately 11.30pm and two fire service units from Dingle and Tralee tackled the blaze into the early hours of Saturday morning remaining at the scene for four hours.

The house's sole occupant, local taxi driver Johnny Logan, was not at home when the fire broke out and no one was injured. However, a number of pets died in the fire, including several cats and a dog.

A fundraising night is being organised in the Dingle area to assist Mr Logan following the fire.

Promoted articles