kevin dies in carbon monoxide tragedy

Dnal Nolan

Published 26/02/2014 | 05:36

THE heartbroken family of a popular Listowel father-of-four who died at his home over the weekend from carbon monoxide poisoning have warned others about the dangers of the deadly gas in the home.

A family member discovered the body of Kevin Lucey (50) in an armchair at his Listowel home at 1pm on Sunday with his beloved dog still on his lap. News of the tragedy sent shockwaves through the town where Mr Lucey was described as extremely popular.

His family told The Kerryman that toxicology results on Tuesday showed he had died as the result of carbon monoxide poisoning, which they suspect was emitted from a stove next to where his remains were discovered.

"We just can't get over it," sister-in-law Bernie Lucey told The Kerryman. "We don't know if we will ever be able to accept this. We want to warn everyone of the dangers of carbon monoxide in the home. Kevin was a wonderful man and was extremely popular around Listowel."

Mr Lucey is survived by his four children, Katie (22), Joe (19), Jake (12) and Lily (3).

Kerryman

Promoted articles

Read More

Promoted articles

GrabOne Deals

News