Gardaí keep silent on allegations
Published 02/04/2014 | 05:36
THE Gardaí have declined to comment on allegations that they failed to investigate two alleged attacks on a woman in Tralee in 2010 and 2012.
The anonymous woman's claims were publicised by Independent Socialist TD Clare Daly who raised the matter in the Dáil last Wednesday.
Deputy Daly said she had been contacted by the woman who told her that in February 2010 she had been attacked with a knife and stabbed outside a primary school in Tralee.
Using Dáil privilege, Deputy Daly said the woman claimed that she had brought the matter to the attention of the Garda but that nothing was done.
According to Deputy Daly, the woman was again attacked by the same person in February 2012 and once again the Garda failed to pursue it.
When the matter was raised with gardaí they told The Kerryman that they are aware of the matter but that they are not in a position to comment on the case of a specific individual.