independent

Saturday 30 August 2014

Youth who broke curfew put behind bars for week

Published 18/12/2012 | 15:54

  • Share

A 17-YEAR- OLD who broke a court-imposed curfew was put behind bars for a week when he returned to Wexford District Court last Tuesday.

  • Share
  • Go To

Judge Gerard Haughton said there that he had previously warned the teen of the consequences if he disobeyed the court order.

'I told him last week. I told him the consequences – 18 months. I gave him a final chance last week and he breached it. We haven't had one week where he has kept all the conditions,' said the judge, who remanded the youth in custody to appear before the court again today (Tuesday).

' Unless I'm convinced he's changed his attitude, it will be 18 months,' he added.

The defendant is charged with burglary at numbers 5, 6 and 7 St. Andrew's, Southfields, Rosslare, on September 20, 2012, and at numbers 6, 8 and 9 Portmarnock, Southfields.

He is also charged with burglary at Hotel Saltees, Kilmore Quay, on October 4 and with burglary (intent) at the hotel on November 5.

The teen also faces a charge of criminal damage at Frank Doyle and Son Butchers on October 17.

Read More

GrabOne Deals

News