independent

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Sex abuser is convicted of more offences.

Published 19/07/2014 | 12:00

  • Share

A SEX offender who is already doing 15 years in jail has been sentenced to a further eight years for a series of other attacks on a teenage boy.

  • Share
  • Go To

The north Wexford man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty at Wexford Circuit Court last week to committing the offences between July 2010 and July 2011. Some of them occurred in the offender's home, while others took place in another part of the country.

The teenage boy, who was just 13 when the abuse started, said in a victim impact statement that he was hugely affected by his ordeal.

He said he struggled to come to terms with things for a long time, and he was no longer as outgoing and happy as before. He added that he suffered nightmares and thought of taking his own life. He also spoke of the shock for his mother and father when they learned of the abuse, 'an abuse that has affected my life, my school life and my self esteem'.

The man was already under investigation for other offences when these attacks took place.

Judge Barry Hickon imposed sentences of two years each on four of the charges before the court, with the other four charges being taken into consideration. The sentences are to run concurrently with the 15 years already being served.

Gorey Guardian

Read More

GrabOne Deals

News