independent

Saturday 20 September 2014

Board of Milk Producers survive no confidence vote

Published 18/02/2014 | 05:34

  • Share

THE board of Wexford Milk Producers (WMP) survived a no confidence motion at a general meeting in the Ferrycarrig Hotel last week.

  • Share
  • Go To

Thursday's gathering of 260-plus co-op members returned directors Patrick Breen from Enniscorthy area, Harry Doran New Ross area and Michael Vaughan of Wexford area unopposed.

The motion of confidence in the board was passed, with 57 per cent in favour, leaving a substantial rump of 43 per cent still disgruntled at the sale of the Wexford Creamery cheese plant to agri giant Glanbia.

The dairy scene in County Wexford has been in turmoil since the factory at Rockland was sold off late last year with some members suggesting the board should have held out for a better offer.

However, Glanbia moved to head off the discontent last week by announcing improved terms for WMP producers who agree to supply them with milk.

Gorey Guardian

Read More

GrabOne Deals

News