Friday 21 July 2017

Properties for social housing

THE COUNCIL said it is for property owners to approach the local authority if they are interested in offering their property for social housing.

Cllr Monica Harford (Lab) of Balbriggan Town Council, asked Fingal County Council to ' enter into negotiations with developers with a view to taking over some of the many unoccupied houses within developments on an affordable housing scheme or RAS Scheme which could help to reduce the existing extremely long social housing list'. But the local authority explained: 'Property owners may apply to the council to have their properties considered for social housing purposes under the RAS/Long Term Leasing Schemes. 'Applications are assessed having regard to the actual housing need and demand in the area. The council is also mindful that any proposal should enhance social integration and not destabilise the social balance in an area or an estate.'

Promoted articles