independent

Saturday 1 November 2014

Flats evacuated after blaze causes gas leak

Published 27/11/2012 | 10:30

A BALBRIGGAN apartment block was evacuated after a ground floor flat was engulfed in flames causing a dangerous gas leak in the area.

The fire at Bremore Pastures Way started in a wheelie bin at the front of the apartment and spread inside where it completely destroyed the ground floor flat, which was unoccupied at the time. The fire resulted in a gas leak which resulted in the entire block of apartments being evacuated for the night while the scene was cordoned off and the ESB and Bord Gáis were called in to deal with the leak. Nobody was hurt. A BALBRIGGAN apartment block was evacuated after a ground floor flat was engulfed in flames causing a dangerous gas leak in the area. Gardaí were called to the scene of the fire by Dublin Fire Brigade who fought the blaze at Bremore Pastures Way in Balbriggan last Wednesday, November 21. The fire started in a wheelie bin at the front of the apartment and spread inside where it completely destroyed the ground floor flat which was unoccupied at the time. The fire resulted in a gas leak which resulted in the entire block of apartments being evacuated for the night while the scene was cordoned off and the ESB and Bord Gáis were called in to deal with the leak. The scene was preserved for technical examination the following morning. Balbriggan Gardaí are investigating the incident and trying to establish whether the fire was set deliberately. It is understood that there is no CCTV of the incident and at the time of writing, there has been no arrests made in relation to the fire. Nobody was hurt in the incident.

Promoted articles

Read More

Promoted articles

GrabOne Deals

News