Homes 'blitzed' by surge

Published 09/04/2014|05:28

  • Share
Emmanuel and Lisa McArdle, whose home was hit by a power surge, with their damaged boiler.

THOUSANDS of euro worth of damage has been caused to a number of homes after they were 'blitzed' by a power surge. Gas boilers, shower units, radios, garage doors and even doorbells 'fried', according to residents.

  • Share
  • Go To

'Our homes have been blitzed. That's just it,' Ballsgrove native Emmanuel McArdle said.

ESB networks confirmed that a fault had taken place, but they would not be compensating residents for loss as it was 'unforeseen'.

'We are in shock with all of this,' Emmanuel said.

Drogheda Independent

Read More

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

GrabOne Deals

News