independent

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Blaze at All Seasons Lawnmowers

Local fire crews attended a large fire at a lawnmower business premises outside Ardee last Thursday.

The fire at All Seasons Lawnmowers in Cookstown Ardee took hold quickly and destroyed a huge amount of stock and parts at the shed the business was housed in.

Emergency services were called to the scene at around 6pm on Thursday, May 4th and battled for a number of hours to bring the blaze under control. A number of fire tenders were in attendance at the scene.

The fire, which completely destroyed the large shed the business was housed in at the rear of a property at Cookstown, is believed to have started accidentally a spokesperson for the gardaí confirmed.

The owners expressed their devastation at what had happened in a post on the businesses Facebook page which said it had been 'One of the hardest days of my 14 years in the business'.

'Our premises went on fire this evening and has been completely destroyed. We will sort out all arising issues in the coming days . Thanks for all who helped us this evening.'

Hundreds of friends and customers commented on the post, expressing their sympathy on what had happened and wishing the business well for the future.

However, despite the terrible setback the owners quickly bounced back and All Seasons Lawnmowers was open for business as usual by 9am on Monday morning right beside their existing premises, with thanks expressed to Cookstown Dairy Services for the temporary accommodation.

'Many thanks for all the support and messages over the past few days,' the owners added.

Drogheda Independent

Promoted articles

News