Published 21/11/2012 | 10:19
SOME time ago I had a great chat with Drogheda's youngest senior citizen, Peadar Reynolds, who continues to do great work in the community.
Our discussion came around to the moment Peadar had a narrow escape when he was working with the local gas board. He said he had a lucky escape.
Then what did I discover last week, a mention of an incident, naming a Peter Reynolds and the date, November 1954 – was it you Peadar? The report said that the Drogheda Gas Company worker was overcome by fumes while repairing a leak in the gas mains at Tholsel Square. After being given oxygen, he was taken home.