independent

Thursday 28 August 2014

Do you have the voice to follow in Keith's footsteps?

BILL BROWNE

Published 22/08/2013 | 05:26

  • Share

THE programme that made households names out of three young North Cork singers is set to return to return to our television screens in the New Year.

  • Share
  • Go To

Applications for the third series of RTE's hugely successful talent show The Voice of Ireland are now being accepted online.

Earlier this year Keith Hanley (pictured) from Charleville, Kelly Mongan from Fermoy and Shannon Murphy from Castletownroche lit up The Voice making it through to the grand final of the competition.

The trio captivated the imaginations of people across North Cork and indeed the whole country as they progressed trough the blind auditions and onto the live stages before singing in the final with Keith eventually emerging triumphant.

Last week The Corkman spoke to each of them to find out how they had fared since the final.

Keith was busy putting the finishing touches to his debut solo album and Shannon had recorded an EP and a charity single with her mentor Bressie while Kelly was in huge demand on the live concert circuit.

Now talented singers from across North Cork have been invited to follow in their footsteps, with producers of The Voice having started the hunt for more exciting, fresh and unique talent.

With viewing figures in excess of 700,000 for the live shows, The Voice offers budding and established an opportunity to showcase their talents to the country and get a real insight into the inner workings of the Irish music industry.

The winning contestant will achieve what most aspiring artists can only dream of - a recording contract with Universal Records.

Singers over the age of 18 wishing to apply for the new series of the show, which will air on RTE next January, can apply through www.rte.ie/thevoice.

They are asked to submit an MP3 recording, video or YouTube clip, soundcloud or any digital format that will showcase their voice. The deadline for applications will expire on Tuesday, September 3.

Show presenter Kathryn Thomas urged people who may be considering entering to "stop thinking and just do it".

"This is a huge platform for any artist to showcase their talent with the winner getting a truly life changing opportunity," said Kathryn.

While the presenter remained tight-lipped about the identity of the series three mentors, she promised the line-up would be "interesting".

"There are so many rumours flying around about who is returning and who is not. Either way, I can't wait to get stuck in," she said.

Corkman

Read More

GrabOne Deals

News