THE OLD PAVILION in Carlow Rugby Club which has been a palace to many and a dungeon to more is to be given a new lease of life this year when it gets a make over in the coming weeks.
The dressing rooms were once part of the pavilion in Baldoyle Racecourse but when that closed down the rooms were dismantled and reassembled in Carlow.
That fact makes this a very rare building and the story goes that it was part of an Ikea like company called Coopers sometime in the 1800's.
New showers and ceilings are being installed after a leak began to cause problems and a very helpful sports grant was given to the club.
Tom O'brien and Austin Lawlor are the men credited with the original installation of the building over 40 years ago in Oak Park.
Carlow Coyotes helped give the structure part of its final send off with a 76- 0 win at the weekend, they have now won all their games and will advance to the final 8 knock out stages.