independent

Friday 24 October 2014

Accused of sexual assault

BRAY MAN IN COURT

Published 14/11/2012 | 11:14

A BRAY man accused of 87 counts of sexual assault and rape on a female made a brief appearance at Bray District Court last week.

The alleged offences occurred over a four-year period between July 2002 and June 2006 at an address in Bray.

An investigating garda told the court that that the man in his 40s, who cannot be named for legal reasons, replied 'I did not rape her,' when he was arrested.

Judge David Kennedy heard that The Director of Public Prosecutions has said that the case is to be sent forward to the Central Criminal Court in Dublin.

The court heard that gardai require a number of weeks for preparation of the book of evidence.

Judge Kennedy adjourned the case to December 10 at Bray District Court for the production of the book.

Read More

GrabOne Deals

News