Galleries

Friday 22 August 2014

Sarajevo's City Hall returns to its old glory

|

  • Share
The restored "Vijecnica" (city hall) is seen in Sarajevo May 8, 2014. Sarajevo's City Hall, a stately neo-Moorish edifice marked by the violence of two 20th-century wars, has returned to its old glory after being destroyed by Serb shelling during the siege of the city in 1992. The building, first opened in 1896, has been restored to mark the centenary of the start of World War One and will house the national and university libraries, the city council and a museum about its own history. Picture taken May 8, 2014. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic (BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA - Tags: POLITICS SOCIETY)
The restored "Vijecnica" (city hall) is seen in Sarajevo May 8, 2014. Sarajevo's City Hall, a stately neo-Moorish edifice marked by the violence of two 20th-century wars, has returned to its old glory after being destroyed by Serb shelling during the siege of the city in 1992
The restored "Vijecnica" (city hall) is seen in Sarajevo May 8, 2014. Sarajevo's City Hall, a stately neo-Moorish edifice marked by the violence of two 20th-century wars, has returned to its old glory after being destroyed by Serb shelling during the siege of the city in 1992. The building, first opened in 1896, has been restored to mark the centenary of the start of World War One and will house the national and university libraries, the city council and a museum about its own history. Picture taken May 8, 2014. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic (BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA - Tags: POLITICS SOCIETY)
Sarajevo's City Hall, a stately neo-Moorish edifice marked by the violence of two 20th-century wars, has returned to its old glory after being destroyed by Serb shelling during the siege of the city in 1992
The restored "Vijecnica" (city hall) is seen in Sarajevo May 8, 2014. Sarajevo's City Hall, a stately neo-Moorish edifice marked by the violence of two 20th-century wars, has returned to its old glory after being destroyed by Serb shelling during the siege of the city in 1992. The building, first opened in 1896, has been restored to mark the centenary of the start of World War One and will house the national and university libraries, the city council and a museum about its own history. Picture taken May 8, 2014. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic (BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA - Tags: POLITICS SOCIETY)
The building, first opened in 1896, has been restored to mark the centenary of the start of World War One and will house the national and university libraries, the city council and a museum about its own history
  • Share
  • Go To

Editors Choice

Also in this section