There can be no ‘special deals’ between Ireland and the UK
Dan O'BrienIt's important to note the extreme complexity of negotiating trade deals. The current World Trade Organisation negotiations, the Doha round, have been going around for 15 years. Now it's not going anywhere but that just gives an indication of how long these things can take.
- Sinead Ryan: Five ways Ireland will be poorer following the British decision to exit the EU
- Britain leaving, Cameron going - and the ramifications of this have only just begun
- Brussels' big fear now is the domino effect of other countries seeking their own votes
- Brexit vote cannot be allowed to endanger the peace process
- Workers north, south and over the water may face 'race to the bottom' in pay and conditions