Just when you thought the exotic vacations were over, we bring you the chance to win a five-star, all-inclusive luxury holiday to the Portuguese island of Madeira – with Topflight and Sata Airlines. One lucky Sunday Independent reader will soon be whisked away this autumn– with a partner of their choice – to the island of eternal spring; temperatures rarely fall below 17 degrees Celsius or rise above 24.
You'll stay in the five-star Enotel Lido Resort and Spa hotel, which has dramatic views of the Atlantic, and everything – yes, we mean everything – is included. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided, as well as an unlimited supply of beverages (house wines, beers and soft drinks) with your meals. There are lots of cuisines to choose from, such as Japanese, Italian and traditional Madeiran.
When you grow tired of lazing and dining in the exclusive resort, head out and explore the 1,400 kilometres of walking trails (known as levadas) that wind their way over the mountains and through the forests of this glorious island.
So beautiful is this Atlantic island that Churchill loved to paint its romantic floral landscape. This oasis in the ocean isn't just about nature; there's also the cosmopolitan capital of Funchal, lined with boutiques, restaurants and pavement cafes, all there for your enjoyment.
To have a chance of winning, answer the following question:
What is the capital of Madeira? Is it
To enter, call 1513 415 002
or text SIND to 53307 with your answer and name.
The prize includes return SATA flights from Dublin with complimentary in-flight hot meals, seven nights' accommodation in the five-star Enotel Lido Resort & Spa on an all-inclusive basis, transfers from Funchal Airport to your hotel, Topflight representative service and a generous luggage allowance. For more information about Madeira call Topflight on (01) 2401 700 or visit www.topflight.ie
Terms and conditions
1. Prizewinner must be over 18 years of age, and all people travelling must hold a valid passport.
2. Prize is not transferable and cash cannot be offered in lieu of prize.
3. The holiday must be taken in October 2013 and the prizewinner must be available to travel.
4. The hotel is subject to availability and should the hotel be full on your chosen date, Topflight reserve the right to accommodate you in a similar standard property.
5. Flights are ex Dublin only.
6. Insurance is not included as part of your prize. People travelling must have valid travel insurance before day of travel.
7. The competition is not open to employees of Topflight and their families, employees of Independent News & Media and their families, and it is not open to employees of Phonovation and their families.
8. The editor's decision in all matters is final.
€0.60 per call from an eircom landline. Calls from other networks and mobile cost more. €0.60 per text + standard network rates. 18+. Lines close midnight 18/09/2013. Service Provider Phonovation Ltd. Helpline 0818 217 100 (ROI) 0844 800 8751 (UK) This is not a subscription service. Winners will be notified by phone. By entering this competition you may be contacted by INM. To opt out, text OPTOUT to 51000 (RoI Standard rate).