Rebecca and Daniel: A modern love story
Published 30/05/2013 | 05:00
* Although it's widely believed that the couple met through Arthur Miller on the set of The Crucible in 1996, Miller herself says they actually met after she sent Day-Lewis the script for The Ballad of Jack and Rose the previous year.
* They married secretly in Vermont in November 1996.
* The couple have two sons, Ronan Cal (14) and Cashel Blake (11). Day-Lewis's son Gabriel (17), from a previous relationship, also lives with them at their Greenwich Village home, with summer sojourns back to Annamoe in Wicklow.
* Miller on Day-Lewis: "All his characters are wonderful to live with, in their own way. My favourite was Abe . . . because he filmed away from home, and I didn't have to live with him."
* Day-Lewis on Miller: "She is the most normal, down-to-earth person you could ever meet. We agree entirely about how to raise our children, and we enjoy each other's company."