Built in 1830, The Farm is a six-bedroom neo-Gothic period residence standing on two acres at Gaggin, close to Bandon in West Cork.
Commissioned by Lord Bandon, the 4,520sq ft property was designed by a Mr Willand, a German architect who also designed St Peter's Church in Bandon.
All the original period features of The Farm have been preserved, including ceilings, fireplaces, floors, wooden sash windows and shutters.
The entrance to the house is through the original limestone portico that leads into the 75ft-by-15ft grand hall.
This impressive hall features a fan-vaulted ceiling and a baronial-style cut-stone fireplace, as well as the original bifurcated staircase.
On the stairs half-landing, there is an enormous west-facing Gothic window.
Off the hallway, the large drawing room features an original fireplace, central cornicing and a south-facing bay window looking out over the landscaped gardens.
The dining room features a central arch, original ceiling cornicing and large Gothic-style windows.
Also off the hallway is the kitchen, which includes a reconditioned Aga as well as an open fireplace.
All six bedrooms are situated off a large open landing and five of the six rooms are south-facing.
The Farm also includes a separate restored one-bedroom cottage with exposed stone walls, Gothic-style windows and a spiral staircase.
The Farm is located five-minutes by car from Bandon and 25 minutes from Cork.
Enquiries to Engel & Volkers on 021 4773200