How to reignite that spark
Published 05/02/2014 | 02:30
Ten ways to reignite the spark in your relationship:
* Bring the fun back into your life – revitalise your connection to one another by doing things together that you used to enjoy.
* Listen to each other – take time out for one another. Turn off the TV, the smartphone or the laptop and have a chat.
Sit down and have dinner together without interruption.
* Start prioritising your relationship. If you decide to do something together on a regular basis as part of re-vitalising your relationship, don't allow other things to take precedence.
* Don't 'busy' yourself in order to avoid confronting the problems with your relationship.
* Don't 'second guess' your partner's motives. Talk.
* Remember that emotional intimacy is very important to a healthy marriage – a healthy marriage is a respectful, trusting connection.
* Understand that you can be sexual into your fifties, sixties and onwards and that the recipe for a healthy sex life is finding the combination of intimacy, pleasure and techniques which suits you and your partner.
* See your sex life as a team sport – and not about performance or failure.
* Accept the concept of Good Enough Sex – it's not a pass/fail test, it's about sexual pleasure – enjoy sensual cuddling experiences or erotic non-intercourse. Remember it's not the end of the world if it doesn't involve intercourse.