Given that rhubarb is generally considered to be a dessert ingredient, it's surprising to see it in a salad recipe.
This recipe is not exactly super-healthy, considering there's butter, sugar and port in it, but it's delicious all the same!
This is from Gregg Wallace of 'MasterChef UK' fame.
* 60g butter
* 4 tsp sugar
* 100g rhubarb, cut into batons
* 4 tsp port
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tsp lemon juice
* 1 tsp mustard
* sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
* baby salad leaves
* 50g hard goats' cheese, crumbled
* Place the rhubarb in the pan and cook quickly until just tender. Remove the rhubarb from the pan and set aside to cool.
* Deglaze the frying pan with the port and set aside.
* Mix together the oil, lemon juice and mustard and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Health & Living