This is a really delicious and healthy mid-week dinner that's meat free and filling at the same time. If you still have carrots and parsnips in the ground, and squashes and shallots hanging around in the larder, then this can be an almost entirely homegrown meal with just a few clever store-cupboard ingredients added.
* 200g butternut squash, peeled and cubed.
* 1 carrot, peeled and cut in chunks.
* 1 parsnip, peeled and cut in chunks.
* 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped.
* 3 shallots, peeled and halved.
* 200g tinned chickpeas.
* 100g wholemeal couscous.
* 1 teaspoon each ground. turmeric, ground ginger, chilli flakes.
* 1 cinnamon stick, 1 star anise, 1 bay leaf.
* 1 teaspoon harissa paste.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil.
* Add the butternut squash, sprinkle with some salt and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
* Add the chickpeas and a little water and continue roasting for another 5 minutes.
* Ten minutes before the vegetables are ready, place the couscous in a bowl, cover with boiling water, cover the bowl with cling film and leave to rest for five minutes.