My Health - Eoghan O'Gara
Eoghan O'Gara, Gaelic footballer who plays as a forward for the Dublin inter-county team, outlines his health regime.
* Do you consider yourself to have a healthy lifestyle?
Yes, I would say I lead a healthy lifestyle. I follow a regular diet plan and exercise/train between four and six times a week.
* Do you exercise regularly? If so, what do you do?
Yes, I train with the Dublin team up to six times a week.
* Do you do it willingly or begrudgingly?
Very much willingly! I have huge passion for the Dublin jersey and enjoy representing my county.
* What time do you go to bed?
I usually go to bed around 11pm most nights.
* What time do you get up in the morning?
Anytime from 7am to 9am depending on the day.
* What do you have for breakfast?
Porridge with fruit, toast, orange juice and a smoothie
Lunch is usually a chicken breast with rice, a pint of water and two pieces of fruit.
Steak with noodles, vegetables and a glass of milk.
* Any snacks?
Snacks tend to be smoothies or a granola bar.
* Do you take any supplements?
Yes. Whey protein, multivitamins, Omega3 and Glucosamine.
* How much water do you drink?
I tend to drink about two litres a day but up to four or five litres when in training or competition.
* Do you have a skincare routine?
* Any allergies?
* Any vices?
* If I could change one thing about my lifestyle it would be ...
I think I would probably try and cut out alcohol.
Eoghan O'Gara was speaking at the launch of It's In Your Blood, a partnership between the GAA and the Irish Blood Transfusion Service which aims to raise awareness of blood donation and access to the service for local GAA clubs and their members throughout the country. www.giveblood.ie