Strawberry Fruit Peel
Simply slice like cucumber and apply directly to blemishes or trouble patches.
Or go all out for a luxury facial by taking half a cup of strawberries and blitz with half a cup of plain yogurt, two tablespoons of porridge oats and two tablespoons of honey. Wear for 10-15 minutes, then rinse and pat the skin dry.
The Oatmeal deal
A facial mask of oatmeal draws out impurities and nourishes the skin.
Mix three heaped tablespoons with two tablespoons of honey, two tbsp of olive oil and a teaspoon of cider vinegar to boost effectiveness and improve consistency.
Stir up to a paste and apply to the affected area for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Allergy-free, Green Tea Body Wash
This imbues the skin and body with some tonic and antiallergenic properties.
* 1/2 cup loose green tea, or equivalent quantity in teabags
* 1/2 bar (40-50g) of natural soap in 1 litre of water
* Four tbsp of glycerin
* Bring the water to a boil and add the green tea – let it steep for 20mins.
* Strain away tea solids if intended for use outside of the shower, otherwise leaf for extra infusion and a stronger skin treatment.
* Reheat liquid tea to a simmer and grate in the soap.
* Simmer and stir until soap fully dissolves.
* Add glycerin and allow to cool and set overnight.
* Next day blitz in a blender or with a hand-whisk, and decant to bottles or jars.