How to wash your mouth out and have it smelling of roses
It's easy to spot bad breath in others but you can never be quite so sure about your own.
If you think you might have bad breath, there's a simple test you can do. Lick the inside of your wrist and sniff.
Tips for fresh breath include:
• Brush your teeth twice a day.
• Brush or scrape your tongue.
• Floss your teeth. Brushing alone only cleans up to about 60pc of the surface of your teeth.
• Use an antibacterial mouthwash. The best time to use mouthwash is just before bedtime. There are many different types of mouthwash. Most are alcohol-based. Alcohol can dry out or irritate your mouth, so if you have problems, switch to an alcohol-free brand that contains chlorhexidine or hydrogen peroxide.
• Use sugar-free gum. The chewing stimulates saliva and prevents your mouth from drying out. A dry mouth can lead to bad breath.
• Have a check-up with your dentist at least once a year.
• Quit smoking. If you smoke, your breath is likely to smell of stale smoke.
Health & Living