Intel Student Award
Sufyan Huma, Haider Hussain, Synge Street CBS, Dublin: 'Solar sailing with modulated radial thrust'.
Intel Educator of Excellence
Sineád Sheils, Kildare Town Community School, Dublin.
Cathy Hynes, Eve Casey, Kinsale Community School, Cork:, 'A study using statistical methods of people's attitudes to the ageing workforce of the future'.
Elan Student Award
Anna McEvoy, Our Lady's College, Drogheda, Louth: 'Aetiology of bleeding canker disease of Horse Chestnut Trees'.
Father Tom Burke
Laoise Bennis, Hazelwood College, Limerick:, 'To design and manufacture a useful device to aid in the transportation of an Irish Harp'.
BIOLOGICAL AND ECOLOGICAL SCIENCES
1. Saoirse O'Keeffe, Loreto College, Foxrock, Dublin: 'Vitamin D and calcium are key factors in the prevention of osteoporosis in adults'.
2. Michael Feely, Scoil Mhuire, Roscommon: 'Effects of avermectins on the life cycle of dung beetles'.
3. Sarah Begley, St Vincent's Secondary School, Louth: 'Does restless legs syndrome really exist?'
1. Eoin Lane, Oisín McKinley, Abbey Christian Brothers School, Down: 'An investigation into the resource-holding potential of the Red Beadlet Anemone'.
2. Ultan O'Fearail, Conor Logue, Mikey Sweeney, Coláiste Ailigh, Donegal: 'Monatóireacht ar éifeachtaí bhithbhailithe de nan-airgead (nAg) i samhail chóras phlanda'.
3. Eibhlin McCarthy, Alix Buckley, Loreto Secondary School, Balbriggan, Dublin: 'Does the pitch of one's voice affect one's choice for other singing vocals'?
1. Stephen O'Connell, Mary Immaculate Secondary School, Lisdoonvarna, Clare: 'Grading crab meat -- an easier way?'
2. Michaella O Driscoll, Kinsale Community School, Cork: 'An investigation of the impact of SSRI's on the Drosophilia melanogaster memory'.
3. Patrick Sweeney, Carrick-On-Shannon Community School, Leitrim: 'The connection between the origin of music and birdsong'.
1. Meg Brennan, Meabh McGrath, Catherine Costello, Our Ladys School, Templeogue, Dublin: 'Investigation on the migration of the Ceratits capitata'.
2. Oisín Lavelle, Darragh Todd, St Macartan's College, Monaghan: 'The effect of wi-fi radiation on plant growth'.
3. Bill Sheehan, Kieran Ryan, Kevin Barrett, Meánscoil na mBráithre Criostaí, Kilkenny: 'An investigation of protein intake in young hurlers'.
1. Anna McEvoy, Our Ladys College, Drogheda, Louth: 'Aetiology of bleeding canker disease of Horse Chestnut trees'.
2. James Harte, Coláiste Choilm, Cork: 'Waste not -- A statistical investigation into the production of fertiliser using the ashes of combusted fuels and further investigation into their effectiveness'.
3. Cliona Mulligan, Portora Royal School, Fermanagh: 'The demise of our hedgerow trees and shrubs -- a consequence of the economic downturn and farm grant aid policy- implications for our environment'.
1. Emma Crothers, Kenneth Millar, Wellington College, Antrim: 'Health claims and risks pertaining to the biochemical properties of grapefruit'.
2. Alice O' Neill, Clíona Farrell, Loreto Secondary School, Balbriggan, Dublin: 'Irish aquatic plants; A solution for pesticide pollution?'
3. Eoin Hurley, Emily McCarthy, Kinsale Community School, Cork: 'Lemna minor; effective method of removing persistent inorganic pollutants from aquatic environments?'
CHEMICAL, PHYSICAL AND MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
1. Eadaoin Nash, St Mary's College, Derry: 'A comparative study of the antioxidant effects of natural and synthetic food preservatives'.
2. Patrick Augusta, Synge Street CBS, Dublin: 'Numerical and theoretical investigations of a specific class of Diophantine equations'.
3. Adriana Conway, Sutton Park School, Dublin: 'A humidity-regulated case for wooden musical instrument'.
1. Eóin MacGaoithín, Ronan MacGaoithín, Coláiste Ailigh, Donegal: 'A cheapadh fréamhshamhail do brathadóir oighear tar éis an dorchadas lena n-úsáid ar bhóithre na hÉireann'.
2. Anna Kellagher, Kaylee Conlin, St Fanchea's College, Fermanagh: 'Investigating the level and nature of radioactive emissions from soil samples'.
3. James Clarke, Ruairi Shields, James Holden, St Marys College, Dublin: 'Homemade carbon capture system'.
1. Máirín Ní Choincheanainn, Coláiste Naomh Eoin, Galway: 'An féidir earra a dhearadh chun an líon clóirín atá san uisce ón sconna a laghdú?'
2. Rachael Ni Dhonnachadha, St Vincent's Secondary School, Louth: 'Investigation into the effects of wrist rotation and elbow flair on a punches velocity/acceleration/force in competitive karate'.
3. Jodie McKeever, St Mary's Limavady, Derry: 'Liesegang Rings'.
1. Mustapha Kokumo, Jerome Aguilar, Adrian Wolniak, Synge Street CBS, Dublin: 'Engel expansions with predictable patterns'.
2. Joint: Lucy FitzGerald, Nicholas Denman, Bandon Grammar School, Cork: 'Using graph theory to optimise location of cancer treatment facilities'.
2. Joint: Oisin Doyle, Sean Doyle, Coláiste Pobal Osraí, Kilkenny: 'Ar thóir inmharthanacht teangan: samhal matamaiticiúl d'iomaíocht teangan idir dhá pobail'.
1. Naveen Sheemar, Synge Street CBS, Dublin: 'Brouncker, Euler, Lagrange, Gauss and Ramanujan - An almost forgotten link'.
2. Michael Keyes, Hazelwood College, Limerick: 'An investigation into and visualisation of atomic structure using gaming software'.
3. Shauna O'Neill, Scoil Mhuire gan Smál, Roscommon: 'An extended investigation into the effect of static magnetic fields on the molecular properties of water and its consequences for water in protein cavities'.
1. Sufyan Huma, Haider Hussain, Synge Street CBS, Dublin: 'Solar sailing with modulated radial thrust'.
2. Seán Ronayne, Sean Mahon, Cathal Weakliam, Templeogue College, Dublin: 'Combinatorial game theory: strategies for Tic-Tac-Toe-Like games'.
3. Soban Huma, Kiril Nikulin, Synge Street CBS, Dublin: 'Solutions of generalised Pell equations'.
1. Jordan Casey, De La Salle College, Waterford: 'Teachware'.
2. Kalin Foy, Coláiste Chiaráin, Limerick: 'Buzz alarm for the hearing impaired'.
3. Athene Storey Cosgrave, Coláiste Chiaráin, Limerick: 'App to identify Irish wildflowers'.
1. Mathew Gibbons, Maeve Hamilton, Ally Hobbs, Maynooth Post Primary School, Kildare: 'iUS-sociable computing'.
2. Daragh Jordan, Conor Finnerty, Séan Mitchell, Coláiste Bhaile Chláir, Galway: 'Kill Tech - A design to reduce controversy in Handball refereeing'.
3. Abby Horgan, Ciara Murphy, Ciara Donoghue, Scoil Mhuire, Cork: 'The development and evaluation of a proximity warning device for bicycles'.
1. Caelen Feller, Coláiste Choilm, Cork: 'Citation needed: An article-based news aggregator'.
2. Jeremy Rigney, Banagher College Coláiste na Sionna, Offaly: 'Investigating the use of wireless sensor data to enhance martial arts performance'.
3. Conor Walsh, Colaiste Choilm, Offaly: 'Gearduino'.
1. Adrian Kelly, Robert Corby, Salesian Secondary College, Limerick: 'Pulse oximeter'.
2. Emily Lecky, Zoe Cheshire, Ballyclare High School, Antrim: 'Solar powered water sanitation'.
3. Lochlann O'Reagan, Paul Rushe, Eryk Zaplata, St Aloysius College, Westmeath: 'Can non-proprietary/open source software be used to emulate large-scale proprietary text to speech systems?'
1. Richard Tynan, Cistercian College, Tipperary: 'Advanced modelling and infilling algorithms for 3D printing'.
2. Alex Gallagher Lynch, St Nathy's College, Roscommon: 'Addressing the issue of unnoticed road signs'.
3. Eoin McMahon, Gonzaga College, Dublin: 'Hephaestus - A single body sensor for whole body gesture recognition'.
1. Rory Hughes, Daniel Mulcahy, Gonzaga College, Dublin: 'Automatic explanation of computer programs in the user's native language'.
2. Séamus Cummins, James Kelly, Owen Shepherd, Skerries Community College, Dublin: 'Peizo electric shoes'.
3. Conchúr Breathnach, Antóin Ó Dúllaing, Craig Ó Conghaile, Gaelcholáiste Mhuire, Cork: 'Kayleigh's key to speech'.
SOCIAL AND BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCES
1. Esha Healy-Thow, Kinsale Community School, Cork: 'Analysis of advertising sound levels in the media to statistically determine whether they are aligned with public perceptions'.
2. Megan Addie Douglas, Oaklands Community College, Offaly: 'Do wind turbines affect people, animals or the environment?'
3. Denis O' Sullivan, Scoil Mhuire gan Smál, Blarney, Cork: 'A statistical analysis of brand awareness among teenagers with urban backgrounds versus rural backgrounds in Cork'.
1. Sorcha Doyle, Saoirse Hill, Kinsale Community School, Cork: 'A statistical analysis of people's awareness, knowledge and attitudes regarding dementia'.
2. Aisling Harte, Niamh Horan, Portumna Community School, Galway: 'Does taste matter?'
3. Maeve Walsh, Emma Collins, Malahide Community School, Dublin: 'Effects of social media on teenagers'.
1. Jack O Callaghan, Gaelcholáiste Luimnigh, Limerick: 'Learn to juggle, juggle to learn'.
2. Mark Caffrey, Ratoath College, Meath: 'Are teenagers more liberal than their parents?'
3. Luke Fehily, Coláiste Muire, Crosshaven, Cork: 'Teachers - The good, the bad and the ugly'.
1. Claire Cullen, Laura Bruen, Michelle Fox, Loreto Secondary School, Wexford, Wexford: 'A statistical analysis of parental awareness of the food content in primary school children's lunches'.
2. Group Aoife Mc Carthy, Chloe Condren, Lara Butler, Kinsale Community School, Cork: 'A statistical study into dialects in the Irish language and their regional variations and the impact it can have on a Junior Certificate-level student'.
3. Eoin Forde, Joe O'Boyle, Castleknock College, Dublin: 'The placebo effect and its potential use in sport'.
1. Cut Aina Hannisa, Regina Mundi College, Cork: 'Me and my travel: Raising awareness of travel choice externalities as a tool for behavioural change'.
2. Odhrán Mac Fhionnghaile, Coláiste Ailigh, Donegal: 'Staidéar a dhéanamh ar an dearcadh atá ag múintir na hÉireann i dtreo téamh domhanda'.
1. Odhran O'Callaghan, Tim Hulshof, Niall Bradley, Christian Brothers College, Cork: 'To evaluate the relationship between student personality type, teacher personality type and subject choice using MBTI (Myers Briggs) and statistical data'.
2. Rhianna McMahon, Keelan McMahon, Mary Immaculate Secondary School, Lisdoonvarna, Clare: 'The changing geography of the young scientist competition'.
3. Lucy Dockery, Lauren O Connell, Dominican College, Galway, Galway: 'An anthropometric investigation of mouth shape and accents'.