* In 2002, Barry Andrews took the seat his dad David held in Dún Laoghaire for 37 years. Barry's cousin Chris Andrews followed his own dad, Niall, into the Dáil in 2007. All represented Fianna Fáil until this month, when Chris joined Sinn Féin.
* Peter Barry was a Fine Gael TD for Cork from 1969 to 1997, emulating his own father Anthony's career. Peter's daughter Deirdre Clune took her father's seat in 1997 and still serves as a senator.
* In Donegal, Neal Blaney was followed into the Dáil by his sons Neil and Harry. Harry's own son, Niall, was a TD for Donegal North-East from 2002-2011.
* Pádraig Flynn was a TD for Mayo West for 15 years. He was succeeded by his daughter Beverley Flynn.
* The Healy-Rae dynasty continues. Jackie stepped down as a TD in 2011, to be succeeded by his son Michael in Kerry South.
* Brian Lenihan Senior served as FF senator, TD and MEP. He had followed his own father Patrick into the Dáil, as did his sons Brian and Conor.
* Helen McEntee, Fine Gael TD for Meath East, is the latest TD to follow her father, the late Shane McEntee, into politics.