After Cleo's success on popular Irish TV show Love/Hate, viewers are wondering what the real story behind the feline star's silence is.
Cleo the cat was the breakaway star of Sunday's episode of Love/Hate, but the cat has remained silent on the success. Most recently, Ryan Tubridy branded RTE bosses "ridiculous" after they "insisted the cat’s owner does not speak to the media."
Speculation is rising about the real reason behind the cat's silence, and several theories have been floated.
Here are 5 theories as to why Cleo isn't talking to the press.
1. Cleo is not actually an actor but a detective, who has now been hired by An Garda Siochana to help with inner-city crimes due to her real-life experience gained on Love/Hate.
2. Cleo is the only attending Dail member, and therefore cannot leave to be interviewed.
3. Cleo has just been cast in the new series of Homeland, and has already begun filming a storyline in which Brody is accused of her murder.
4. Cleo has gone into hiding after receiving death threats from Nidge after she was invited on to Oprah to discuss her experiences on Love/Hate.
5. The last theory is that, in fact, the reason Cleo is incommunicado is that she is too busy living her new-found fame up by hanging with PDiddy and learning to twerk with Miley Cyrus.
Of course, Cleo could just be too busy with her new Twitter account to speak to the media. Worried animal rights groups are requesting that concerned citizens tweet with #FreeCleo to encourage whoever has the cat to allow her to speak to the world's media.
Why do you think Cleo has been so silent? Tweet #FreeCleo @independent_ie with what questions you would ask Cleo if we could interview her.