Heading to France? First Euro 2016 travel packages announced, with prices from €499
The first package prices have been announced for Irish fans hoping to travel to the country's Euro 2016 group games.
Marathon Sports has published details on its website of three daytrips to each of the group games, with prices from €429pp plus tax.
- Ireland v Sweden, Paris, June 13 - €429 + €70 tax
- Ireland v Belgium, Bordeaux, June 18 - €479 + €70 tax
- Ireland v Italy, Lille, June 22 - €429 + €70 tax
The initial rates are advertised as "early bird" prices, and include flights and airport transfers, but not official match tickets (see marathonsportstravel.ie).
Meanwhile, Stein Travel (steintravel.ie) will launch a comprehensive set of packages later today, Independent.ie Travel can reveal.
Packages will include:
- 3-match package, June 13-23, €1,989pp
- 2-match package (Ireland v Sweden, Belgium), June 13-18, €1,499pp
- 2-match package (Ireland v Belgium, Italy), June 17-23, €1,499pp
- 2-day package (Ireland v Belgium), June 17-19, €799pp
- Daytrip (Ireland v Sweden), June 13, €449pp plus €70 tax
Prices will include flights, transfers and 3-star accommodation, with specific details to be posted on Stein Travel's website shortly. Match tickets are not included.
Packages are also imminent from Club Travel (clubtravel.ie) and Abbey Travel (abbeytravel.ie), the FAI's official travel partner.
Demand for travel has been high since the Euro 2016 draw, with Ryanair this week adding 21 extra flights from Ireland to France during the tournament.
Airfares have also been skyrocketing, in some cases to more than six times comparative rates for flights to France a week before Euro 2016 begins.
Irish fans can apply for tickets (priced from €25 to €145) on UEFA.com here. Applicants will know if they are successful by February.
Read more:Euro 2016 Travel Guide: How can I get to Ireland's games in France? Euro 2016: Ryanair adds 21 extra flights for Irish group games in France