need to know
Galley Head lighthouse and the All-Island Lighthouse Tourism Trail:
* The houses at Galley Head sleep four and a stay there will set you back €400 for a weekend (though prices vary during the season).
* Guests can enjoy a wide range of activities from dolphin and whale watching to surfing at Inchydoney Beach or a historical walking tour of Clonakilty (15km away). The houses are also within easy reach of Cork city and airport.
* Both houses have an open fire and full kitchen facilities.
* To find out more about Galley Head and other unique Irish properties where you can stay, visit www.irishlandmark.com.
* Lighthouse enthusiasts can find out about their nearest stations by visiting www.commissionersofirishlights.com and by reading the fascinating Gerald Butler story at www.thelightkeeper.ie.