TripAdvisor reveals its Top 10 restaurants in Ireland
Travellers' Choice Awards
Published 18/10/2016 | 05:02
Dublin and Dingle are the runaway winners in TripAdvisor's latest list of its Top 10-rated Irish restaurants.
Donnybrook's Mulberry Garden topped the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards for 2016, with Dublin nabbing four of the Top 10 places.
Three restaurants from Dingle also feature in a list based on reviews and opinions collected from users over the past 12 months, TripAdvisor says.
Top 10 Fine Dining Irish Restaurants:
- Mulberry Garden, Dublin
- Idás Restaurant, Dingle
- Chapter One, Dublin
- The Restaurant at Harvey’s Point, Donegal
- Sabor Brazil, Dublin
- The Chart House, Dingle
- The Global Village, Dingle
- Dax Restaurant, Dublin
- An Port Mór, Westport
- Finns’ Table, Kinsale
“For Mulberry Garden to have claimed the number one spot in Ireland when the fine dining scene is so competitive is no easy feat and just proves what a great job the team is doing,” said TripAdvisor spokesperson, Hayley Coleman.
Harvey's Point, whose restaurant placed fourth, was earlier this year announced as TripAdvisor's top-rated Irish hotel for the fourth year running.
TripAdvisor also announced its top-rated global restaurants, with Martin Berasategui in Lasarte, Spain, claiming the No.1 spot for the second year in a row.
Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants Worldwide:
- Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
- Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
- L’Auberge de I’lll, Illhaeusern, France
- Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, United Kingdom
- Ristorante Don Alfonso, Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy
- Alinea, Chicago, United States
- Waterside Inn, Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
- Voila Bistrot, Paraty, Brazil
- Adam’s, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Azurmendi Gastronomico, Larrabetzu, Spain
Last year, Cork's Cafe Paradiso topped the Irish list, though it drops out of the Top 10 entirely for 2016. Mulberry Garden and Idás are new entrants.