The best cruise lines of 2015
Cruise Critic's Editors' Picks
Published 06/10/2015 | 02:30
Leading cruise site CruiseCritic.co.uk has announced the winners of its annual Editors' Picks Awards for 2015.
The winners, which are selected by the online cruise guide's team of experts, highlight the best cruise lines across 25 categories.
The biggest ship built for the UK market, P&O Cruises' Britannia, was awarded 'Best New Ship' - drawing praise for its decor, design and outstanding dining.
AmaWaterways took three awards including 'Best River Cruise Line', lauded for its game-changing partnerships with Adventures by Disney and Backroads Tours to attract new, younger passengers and families.
The line also won 'Best for Active Cruisers', and 'Best Dining'.
Other ocean cruise line winners include Royal Caribbean, which took three awards for 'Best for Families', 'Best Entertainment' and 'Best Suites'.
2015 Cruise Critic UK Editors' Picks Awards (Ocean):
- Best New Ship: P&O Cruises' Britannia
- Best Refurbishment: Celebrity Eclipse
- Best for Luxury: Crystal Cruises
- Best for Families: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Itineraries: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
- Best for Adventure: Hurtigruten
- Best Value: Thomson Cruises
- Best Dining: P&O Cruises
- Best Entertainment: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Suites: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Cabins: Holland America Line
- Best Shore Excursions: Azamara Club Cruises
- Best for Romance: Star Clippers
- Best for Nightlife: Norwegian Cruise Line
- Best UK Port of Call: Guernsey
- Best UK Departure Port: Southampton
2015 Cruise Critic UK Editors' Picks Awards (River):
- Best River Cruise Line: AmaWaterways
- Best New River Ship: CroisiEurope's Loire Princesse
- Best Dining: AmaWaterways
- Best Cabins: Sanctuary Retreats
- Best Enrichment: Tauck
- Best Shore Excursions: Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection
- Best for Active Cruisers: AmaWaterways
- Best for Itineraries: CroisiEurope
- Best for Value: Emerald Waterways
"New ship launches, itineraries and onboard offerings bring more choice than before, which is great news for holidaymakers, but can make it even harder to choose the right cruise," said Cruise Critic UK editor, Adam Coulter.
"We aim to identify the lines we feel are at the top of their game, and highlight the latest innovations in the industry to help people when planning a cruise."
For the third consecutive year Azamara won 'Best Shore Excursions', while Celebrity Cruises' Eclipse was awarded 'Best Refurbishment'.
Southampton maintained its position as 'Best UK Departure Port' for the seventh consecutive year, while Guernsey won 'Best UK Port of Call' for the first time.