Could this be you? A luxury airline is hiring cabin crew in Ireland...
Published 24/09/2016 | 01:00
Wanna travel the world? Fancy an office that takes you to Sydney one week, and New York or Paris the next?
Etihad Airways, national carrier of the United Arab Emirates and one of the world's most luxurious airlines, is on a recruitment drive in Dublin.
Candidates for positions including cabin crew and inflight chefs, among other roles, are invited to drop their CVs to the Crown Plaza Hotel in Santry, Dublin on Monday, September 26, between 8am and 6pm.
Applicants that meet the airline’s criteria will be invited back for an assessment the following day, Tuesday, September 27.
So what does it take to become a flight attendant?
Etihad describes its cabin crew as "truly global citizens" that are "passionate about people... cultured, considerate, warm and generous."
All must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum High School certification or any higher education.
- Fluent English verbal and written comprehension; another language is an additional benefit.
- Must be at least 21 years old on the date of joining.
- Confident in water and be able to swim with the aid of a flotation device.
- Able to reach 210cms without shoes.
- No tattoos nor body piercing (exception for one earring in the lower lobe of each ear for females only) that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- No criminal record.
- Excellent personal presentation, style and image.
- Willing to comply with UAE and GCAA visa, medical and health screening requirements.
Etihad, an Abu Dhabi-based airline, employs more than 200 Irish staff across its divisions in Guest Services, at the Premium Lounge at Dublin Airport, within its Dublin line maintenance operation and across its global network.
150 of its Irish staff are based in Abu Dhabi.
"With the arrival of our Airbus A380 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft, and increasing frequencies and destinations expanding our global network, talented individuals with the right passion and flair for hospitality are encouraged to join us,” said Beatrice Cosgrove, Etihad’s General Manager for Ireland.
Candidates need to submit two copies of their CVs including up to date employment details, contact telephone number and email address, as well as two passport photographs and a completed application form available online.