Beautiful Destinations a stone's throw away
A two hour flight could have you in Europe's most dreamy cities with newly announced routes from Dublin airport.
All of these unique and interesting places are only a two hour plane ride away.
Fancy a quick weekend away? We put together a list of the newest destinations on offer from Dublin airport. And even better, you’ll be super quick getting there. All of these unique and interesting places are only a two hour plane ride away.
1. Almeria, Spain. If you fancy a bit of the south of Spain, Almeria is a new destination only a short hop away. Almeria is famous for its underground air raid shelters which were built for protection during the civil war and are now open to tourists. If you want to stay above ground, Almeria is one of the driest places in Europe and has beautiful beaches to enjoy the sun on. (2.05 hours flight with Ryanair)
2. Pula, Croatia. If you are not looking for a conventional weekend away Pula is a perfect fit. The bustling city is situated on the beautiful Adriatic Sea and is packed with ancient roman architecture. It is also home to Brijuni national park, a favourite of numerous world leaders. It also offers beautiful beaches, fishing, and diving opportunities. (1:55 hour’s flight with Aer Lingus)
3. Basel, Switzerland. This beautiful city is located in the shore of the Rhine making it a vibrant shipping city. Basel is a city of two parts; the old town (Grossbasel) and the Klienbasel on the other side of the river. Both areas are worth exploring as well as the numerous museums and galleries throughout the city. Don’t forget to visit the Birds Eye Jazz Club while you are there, one of Europe’s top jazz dens. (1:20 hour’s flight with Ryanair)
4. Bari, Italy. This is a new destination from Dublin and what a delight it is. Bari is a historic old city in the heel of Italy which has undergone a bit of a transformation in recent years. Now the beautiful old plazas and winding streets buzz with trendy bars and restaurants where you can wile away a weekend. Bari is famous for its maze-like streets, but you will enjoy getting lost around this city. (2:30 hour’s flight, with Ryanair)
5. Prague, Czech Republic. Prague is a city well used to tourists. Prague has been around for thousands of years and has (mostly) survived two world wars so there is so much to see. The Czech natives are extremely proud of their city and are more than willing to help a curious tourist. Worth seeing is the vast range of architecture and of course a visit to the palace. Don’t forget to try some tank beer, a speciality, guaranteed to be no more than 24 hours old. (2:05 hour’s flight with Ryanair)
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie