Top 10 things that make the perfect workplace: How does your office rate?
Published 20/05/2015 | 12:55
Modern employees are no longer satisfied with the little work perks and now expect floor-to-ceiling windows, roof-top views and bowls of free fruit to completely enjoy their working life.
New research has found that office workers are unhappy with many of features of their workplace, which affects their annual work flow.
A survey found that 40pc of employees are dissatisfied that their office hasn’t been spruced up in years while 21pc admitted that their office decor dates back to the 1980s.
More than 30pc of workers moaned that there was an insufficient area in which to eat lunch, which ultimately leads to on-desk scoffing.
The feature most desired by office workers was more outdoor space and garden areas in which to hold meetings in good weather. On site-gyms, bowls of free fruit, and upbeat music also rate highly on the wish list of hard working employees.
A canteen with daily changing menus would improve the mood of many office workers, according to the survey.
A spokesperson for Furniture at Work, who conducted the study said: “It’s fair to say that Google has led the way with their fresh take on office life. Sadly, the majority of offices were built decades ago, which can cause many workers to feel demotivated.”
The 10 things that would make the perfect workplace
1) A large garden with adequate space for outdoor meetings or an alfresco lunch
2) A canteen with menus that change daily with fresh and varied ingredients
3) Touch screen computers and electronics in the office
4) Bowls of free fruit at desks
5) An on site gym to work out
6) Upbeat music played daily
7) Great views from the rooftop
8) Floor to ceiling windows around the office
9) Deodorant and toiletries in the bathroom as well as hair straighteners
10) Parking spaces for all employees