Tina's tips for buying cover
The level of cover varies with each policy so read it.
- Go straight to the exclusions to see if it doesn't suit your needs.
- If you're buying a package holiday, the agent / tour operator can insist you have cover but you don't have to buy theirs, so shop around.
- You may have travel insurance with your credit card so check it out.
- If you want help and a tailor-made policy to suit your needs, go to a broker.
- Remember that you are paying a small amount of money for a complicated product that is not clear but could cost you dearly, so do your research.
- If you cannot resolve a complaint with your insurer go to the Financial Services Ombudsman www.financialombudsman.ie