Smart Consumer: Things you need to remember before buying tickets online
1. Consider how the website has the tickets to sell and also beware of sites selling tickets to events that haven't yet gone on sale or which guarantee tickets to events that have been sold out for months.
2. Check the website registration with an online tool such as the Howard facility on the ECC Ireland website.
If the website has only recently been registered, be cautious.
3. Carry out an internet search to check for negative reviews.
Bear in mind that if the website is recently registered, there may not be any feedback posted yet.
4. Check that the website provides a full geographic address and a working landline phone number.
They are legally obliged to provide full contact details so that you can contact them easily and an online form or email only is not sufficient.
5. Make sure that the ticket details are provided and that the face value of the tickets and the seat location are clearly listed.
6. Check the terms and conditions of the website to ensure they have a refund policy in case something goes wrong.
7. Pay by credit card because you can ask your bank for a 'charge-back' if all goes wrong. Money transfers should be avoided.