Tips for dismal driving conditions
Published 31/10/2012 | 05:00
• To give you as good a view, keep your lights and windscreen clean. It can make a big difference.
• Use the main beam, but when other drivers are approaching make sure you dip your lights to avoid dazzling the oncoming traffic.
• Make sure you can stop safely within the distance you can see to be clear.
• If you're feeling tired, caffeine alone is not a fix. Take a break and have a 20-minute nap.
• If an approaching car forgets to dip its lights, look beyond the lights, but to their left to avoid being dazzled as much.
• Look at how the traffic ahead behaves for clues to possible problems you can't see yet.
• If it's gloomy in the morning, don't forget to put your lights on.
Courtesy Institute of Advanced Motorists
New Mazda6 will arrive mid-January
Mazda has announced details of its new Mazda6 due here in mid-January.
Prices will start from €27,995 and there will be Saloon or Tourer bodystyles.
They expect the 2.2-litre diesel with the 6-speed manual gearbox to be the big seller.
Standard equipment includes: 17ins alloys, 5.8ins touch screen multimedia audio system, climate control, cruise control and Bluetooth, front and rear parking sensors and Smart City Brake Support. The diesel Sport saloon starts from €30,995.
Peugot offering five-year warranty
All new Peugeot passenger cars sold next year will carry a five-year manufacturer warranty, the company has announced. The warranty begins on January 1.
The company has also announced it is giving a year's free road tax and a VRT price freeze for those who order the 2013 model before Christmas.
Indo MotoringFollow @Indo_Life