On your marks: quickest cars on the planet - or are they?
I was fascinated by a recent Autocar report on the 10 cars that are quickest off the mark.
They excluded obvious ones such as the McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari and Porsche 918 Spyder, because they are all sold out (does that affect their speed?).
Others are omitted because we await official times - such as the Ford GT, Nissan GT-R Nismo and Honda NSX.
So what do you think of the legitimate contenders? I'm not so sure. But here's what they picked, in descending order.
10. Ferrari F12tdf, Lamborghini Aventador, Porsche 911 Turbo S - 2.9sec to 62mph. All three all have the same time.
9. BAC Mono (Briggs Automotive Company) - 2.8sec to 60mph.
8. Tesla Model S P90D - 2.8sec to 60mph. The all-electric car goes like hell.
7. Caterham 620R - 2.79sec to 60mph. Powered by a 310bhp supercharged 2.0-litre.
6. Hennessey Venom GT - 2.7sec to 60mph. Built from a Lotus Exige.
5. Koenigsegg Regera - 2.7sec to 62mph; 5.0-litre twin-turbo V8 links with three electric motors.
4. Rimac Concept One - 2.6sec to 62mph. Croatian firm; costs €750,000.
3. Ariel Atom 3.5R, Tesla Model S P100D - 2.5sec to 60mph
2. Bugatti Chiron (pictured)- under 2.5sec to 62mph; 1,500bhp quad-supercharged W16 engine.
1. Ultima Evolution Coupé - 2.3sec to 60mph; 6.8-litre supercharged 1,020bhp.