The basic rules of Feng Shui
* The front door should always open inwards and not be aligned with another door/window, or worse, the back door.
* The stairs should never face the front door as this loses chi, or energy.
* There should be no 'arguing doors', that is, three or more in close proximity.
* Too many windows in the back of the house should be avoided as it weakens the energy needed to nourish the power within the home.
* The master bedroom should never be placed over a garage, kitchen or home office. It's purpose is to promote sleep and sexuality and should be located over an area of balance and peace.
* It is very bad Feng Shui to have the staircase located in the centre of the home.
* Family areas should be clutter free, well lit and in clean shapes eg a square or rectangle.
* A room should have "four corners" and not be L shaped.