Take Four: Four properties with a religious connection
Four properties with a religious connection
What: One-bed apartment in convent building Where: 99 Chapelgate, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Situated in the old convent building just off St Alphonsus Road, the apartment is part of a gated development.
The apartment is 37sqm and consists of a hall, an open plan living / kitchen / dining room, a bedroom, and a bathroom.
The main open-plan space has timber laminate floor and a sash window overlooking the communal gardens. The kitchen has fitted cream units.
The bedroom has fitted wardrobes and a sash window, while the bathroom is fully tiled.
Enquiries to Sherry FitzGerald Drumcondra on 01 8373737
What: Seven-bedroom former convent Where: The Old Convent Lodge, Mulranny, Co Mayo
Built in 1903 and extended in the 1930s, the Old Convent Lodge overlooks Clew Bay.
The 251sqm (2,700sq ft) property is set on a one acre site. The centrepiece of the building is the former chapel (now unconsecrated), which has nine arched stained glass windows.
The convent has been the subject of some renovation work in the past 10 years. The building has BER rating of F.
The property includes a number of small outbuildings to the side of the convent.
Enquiries to Sherry Fitzgerald Crowley on 098 29009
What: Early Victorian gothic-style church Where: Guilcagh Church, Ballycahane, Co Waterford
Built around 1845, the church was designed by the architect William Tinsley.
Guilcagh Church was a derelict building until the late 1990s when the current owners set about restoring it. The work included replacing the fish-scale roof tiles and restoring the stained glass windows, as well as the installation of a mezzanine floor and underfloor heating. The property is BER exempt.
The 102sqm (1,100 sq ft) property is now used as a showroom for interior design consultant Carmel Malone.
Enquiries to Shelley & Purcell on 051 649992
What: 18th-century six-bed rectory on 8.4 acres Where: The Old Rectory, Killanne, Enniscorthy, Co Wexford
Dating back to 1798, The Old Rectory is set on a site of 8.4 acres. The 474sqm ( two-storey over-basement property is situated off a country lane.
Inside, the house has all the trademark features of a Georgian property, including its sash windows with shutters, plasterwork ceilings, timber floors and marble chimney pieces.
The accommodation opens with an entrance hall, off which are the study, drawing room, dining room and the kitchen..
Moving upstairs, there are six bedrooms on the first floors, as well as a bathroom.
The basement comprises a bedroom, the old kitchen, store room, pantry, boiler room and cellar. The house is BER exempt due to its age.
To the rear of the rectory is a stone courtyard that includes five stables, a coach house and numerous stores, as well as an overhead loft.
The property is located 11 miles from Bunclody and 81 miles from Dublin city.
Enquiries to Colliers International on 01 6333700