19th century builds converted in D14
Silveracre House and The Lodge, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14
The interior of Silveracre House, a former Regency manor house built in 1830, and The Lodge, which used to be part of the period property's rear wing, have been converted into modern homes while retaining features such as sash windows, coving and cornicing.
NColl Construction and Homeland Investments revamped and restored the properties, which are set on two acres of landscaped grounds in Rathfarnham. Silveracre is part of a small development of eight family homes, with the six new builds on the grounds all sold after their launch in June.
Silveracre House, now a 3,371-sq ft four-bed property, is selling for €1.25m, while The Lodge, a 2,044-sq ft three-bed home, is commanding an asking price of €750,000.
The main house has an entrance porch with a leaded fanlight above the door, granite steps, and two sphinxes mounted on plinths either side. It once played host to high society guests invited by former residents such as Rev Henthorn Todd, a professor of Hebrew at Trinity College in the mid-1850s, and Dr Albert Croly, a surgeon and founder of The Baggot Street Hospital who lived at Silveracre House in 1898.
The rear wing was added in the early 20th century and still has original features from this period, including fireplaces and window shutters.
The development is on Rathfarnham's Sarah Curran Road, opposite St Enda's Park and the Pearse Museum. It is close to Marlay Park and schools such as Loreto Beaufort and St Columba's College.
The area is well-served by public transport, including Dublin Bus routes and the Luas Green Line at Dundrum. The M50 is also a short drive away.
Viewing is strictly by appointment only.
Enquiries to: DNG New Homes (01) 4912610.