Quick workout... in 10 minutes
Published 31/05/2015 | 02:30
Only have 10 minutes to spare? Don't worry, that's enough time to do these quick get-fit activities - you could even do them during the TV ad breaks!
• Stand with your feet together and raise each leg straight out in front of you. Lower your legs and repeat.
• With your feet square on the floor, put a cushion between your knees and squeeze with your thighs and bottom and repeat.
• Stand up and sit down in your chair 10 times without using your hands or the armrests. Each one of these counts as a squat.
• Stretch your arms above your head, then in front of you and from side to side and repeat.
Waist trimming tip
Want to trim your tum while you're on your way to reaching your goal? Make this easy step-by-step plan for toning your waist a regular part of your day, while the pounds are dropping off…
1. Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat.
2. Clasp your hands together and raise them to eye level.
3. Lean back a little and raise your feet a few inches off the floor.
4. Keeping your legs and trunk stable, bring your hands to your right side so they touch the floor.
5. Without stopping, lift your hands to the left and tap the floor again.
Repeat 12 - 15 times
READY TO GO?
Joining Weight Watchers couldn’t be easier. Just find a meeting, turn up, register and you’ll be confidentially weighed by your leader, given the ProPoints plan along with an introduction on how to get started. Each week there’ll be a short discussion on subjects that can help keep you motivated, covering everything from health and fitness to clever food choices and helpful habits.
Find your local class now at weightwatchers.ie or call 1850 234 123 or (01) 8703900.’