Little changes yield big results
Published 28/07/2015 | 02:30
Summer is often a good time to switch to healthier foods - and it's easier than you think.
Making small changes to your diet is the healthiest and most achievable way to lose weight.
Here are some swaps suggestions:
* whole milk to semi-skimmed, 1pc fat or even skimmed milk;
* sugar-coated breakfast cereal for a whole grain breakfast cereal such as porridge or shredded whole grain wheat cereal with no added sugar;
* a sprinkle of sugar on your breakfast cereal for a topping of fresh or dried fruit, which counts towards one of your five a day;
* full-fat Greek yoghurt for lower fat or fat free Greek yoghurt, or natural low-fat yoghurt;
* white breads, bagels and muffins for whole grain varieties.
* butter and cheese in your jacket potato for reduced fat spread and reduced salt and sugar baked beans;
* a cheddar cheese filling in your sandwich for reduced-fat hard cheese;
* a coffee made with whole milk to a 'skinny' coffee made with semi-skimmed or skimmed milk;
* sugary drinks for a glass of water;
* salted nuts for unsalted nuts;
* the frying pan for the grill when cooking meat.
Health & Living